Regional Referral Access Strategy
- A large, non-profit health care system
- 4 hospitals, large integrated medical group, post acute facilities, integrated behavioral health, free standing outpatient services.
- $75M net operating income
The client sought to develop a regional referral access strategy to support tertiary and quaternary service line development. They were cognizant of significant volume leakage and outmigration, but were unable to identify a unified approach to managing loss and ensuring growth.
The Eleva Approach
- An assessment of the current state transfer and patient placement process was completed.
- Developed a fully integrated bed placement and patient transfer center that incorporates all patient admissions and transfers, bed utilization and management, and call schedule integration across the organizational continuum.
- Led the strategic analysis and financial assessment. Worked with on-site team to develop business plan to support positive ROI.
- Identified areas for improvement based on criteria drawn from benchmark Transfer Centers and augmented by directional consultations with more than 20 physician stakeholders.
- Identified and developed key team members and leaders to align and motivate toward a common goal.
- Worked with teams to develop key leading and lagging metrics to ensure long-term sustainability.
- Resulted in an increase of over 800 incremental admissions in year one.
- Exceeded market recapture projections by more than 100%.