Trauma Service Line Development
- A large, non-profit health care system
- 4 hospitals, large integrated medical group, post acute facilities, integrated behavioral health, free standing outpatient services
- $75M net operating income
High-level trauma center operating as a local resource rather than a regional referral center with a system-wide approach to care. Client desired to increase regional presence in support of a larger system-wide strategy to support tertiary and quaternary referral growth.
The Eleva Approach
- Completed gap assessment comparing current state trauma model to desired future state.
- Identification of physician and administrative formal and informal leaders aligned with organizational goals.
- Evaluated and addressed gaps in leadership roles, physician and clinical staffing, program structure, and business processes, including charging and billing.
- Implementation of processes and workflows to support key strategic outcomes: coordination of care, transitions of care, outcomes of care, efficiency of care, and access to care.
- Increased autonomy of internal staff by mentoring and coaching on identifying deficiencies, drafting applications and preparing for site surveys for future trauma accreditation process.
- Movement from single provider surgical coverage for both general and trauma surgery to 24/7 in-house dedicated trauma surgeon and general surgeon.
- Highly coordinated care between multiple specialties.
- High-level trauma center acting as a regional referral center with a system approach.
- Increased market potential from 330K to 880K lives.
- 10% incremental increase in trauma volume.