Revenue Cycle Revamp
- A mid-size, non-profit organization focused on services for adults and children with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges.
- 2 clinics 1 24-bed facility, 50 group homes, team providing community based mental health services
The client was losing revenue due to broken and lacking revenue cycle processes. They could see the symptoms in high write offs and aging accounts receivable, but couldn’t identify and resolve the problems.
The Eleva Approach
- Completed 2 week assessment to identify causes of the challenges with revenue cycle performance.
- Implemented new processes across the revenue cycle including: Pre / point of service collections, insurance verification, financial counseling, billing and accounts receivable follow up.
- Developed and implemented a weekly and monthly set of dashboard reports to tie data from multiple revenue cycle systems into one set of revenue cycle management tools.
- Designed and implemented quality reviews and productivity standards across revenue cycle functions.
- Developed and implemented a new financial assistance policy and implemented up front self pay balance collections.
- Completed Epic go live preparation and developed processes and tools for legacy system A/R rundown.
- Implemented a Lean daily management system. Rev cycle teams now huddle daily, use visual performance boards and lead process improvement projects.
- Provided recommendations on new rev cycle org structure and led implementation of org structure changes.
- Increased percent of gross revenue collected by 5%.
- Reduced A/R by 40%.
- Successful Epic go lives and legacy system A/R rundown.
- Metrics continue on an upward trajectory through ongoing performance management and process improvement driven by the Lean culture.